This camera is mainly designed for the Jetson Nano. It can also be used on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module (like CM3, CM3+), but is not compatible with standard Raspberry Pi models (like Raspberry Pi 3/3B+/4).
Pi 2/3/4/Zero WON’T WORK WITH IT. ONLY THE COMPUTER MODULES DO. (iii) The camera driver MUST be installed: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/Jetson/IMX477/driver.
C/CS Lens is NOT INCLUDED.
- A Can’t-Miss Update to IMX219 – Much better picture quality and lens flexibility, thanks to 53% more pixels, 92% larger pixel size, 192% larger imaging area, and a CS-Mount. Maximum still resolution at 4056 × 3040, frame rates: [email protected] 12.3MP, [email protected] NOTE:
- Accelerated by Jetson Hardware ISP Engine – Support NVIDIA Argus Camera plugin for H264 encoding, JPEG snapshots, as well as gain, exposure, framerate, and group, hold control.
- Only a driver away from Plug-and-Play – The Raspberry Pi HQ camera module requires hardware modification before installing the Jetson IMX477 driver, which could bring potential damage and void the warranty. Ours don’t.
- 4-Lane Camera for the Future – Route out all 4 data lanes to the camera connector for customized carrier boards with 4-lane CSI connector and future 4-lane camera driver updates.
Arducam just released this High Quality camera module for Jetson Nano/Xavier NX, an IMX477 camera board with 3 hole pitches. You can use this camera module on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX natively with ISP features. No hardware modifications required, just install the driver and you are good to go.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
– Sensor: IMX477
– Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
– Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
– Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
– IR Sensitivity: Visible light
– Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
– Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
– Frame Rate: Due to Jetson Xavier NX/Nano hardware only supports supports [email protected] h.264/h.265 encoding, you cannot use it for [email protected]
– Board Size: 38mm×38mm
– Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
Note：For the new version(R32 4.4), please refer to the following link: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases
|HFOV on 1/2.3‘’ Cam||120°||24°||50°||50°||30°||14°||65°|
NOTE: The CS-Mount Lens kit for the IMX477 HQ Camera module, please check LK004, 5 lenses are included.
|HFOV on 1/2.3‘’ Cam||7°||18°||24°||65°||44°||31°||24°||10°|
C-Mount zoom Lens
|HFOV on 1/2.3‘’ Cam||45°-5.35°||120°-38°||80°-32°|
|40 x 68.3||44.5×58.5||33×43|
1pcs 12.3MP IMX477 camera board with dust cap for Jetsons
1pcs 11.8″(300mm) 15pin-22pin FPC Flexible camera cable