This Arducam 12MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 12MP IMX477 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on Raspberry Pi. It consists of two 12MP High Quality IMX477 camera module and an Arducam stereo camera HAT. The stereo camera HAT is enabled by ArduChip to disguise the dual-camera connection as a single camera to be accepted by the RPi. You can use this bundle to build your stereo camera system for depth-related vision applications or upgrade your IMX219 stereo setup.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
- Robot navigation
- Objective tracking
- 3D measurement
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
– Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- Support Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4B, Pi HAT board style
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support Raspistill (preview) and Raspivid (processing) commands for 5MP/8MP/12.3MP pi cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam Pi cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: IMX477
- Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
- Video Modes: 12-bit RAW, [email protected] × 1522 with the Official driver; 8-bit RAW, [email protected]*2 × 3040 with Arducam driver
- Board Size: 38mm×38mm
- Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 6mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
- Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
- Mount: CS-Mount
- Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ30×31mm
- Weight: 53g
Introduction This Arducam 12MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 12MP IMX477 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on Raspberry Pi. It consists of two 12MP Read more…
- Raspberry Pi board is not included in the package.
- A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with the Raspberry Pi. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
- 2 pcs 12.3MP IMX477 color camera module mounted with CS lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- 2 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 73mm/2.87inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 1 pcs 80mm/3.15inch 22pin to 22pin camera cable for Pi Zero
- 4 pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4 pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 4 pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
Introducing Camarray: Arducam’s New Solution to Multiple Cameras on Embedded Systems and Edge Devices for 2021
Preface As one of the leading companies that pioneers in multiple cameras for popular embedded systems, Arducam now releases the new multi-camera solutions – named Camarray – which allows you to connect and sync up Read more…
Arducam Camarray Solution Showcase:[Tutorial] Arducam Camarray 12MP*2 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi
How to purchase
You can purchase this item from Arducam distributors
Important Note on the Arducam Camarray HAT:
The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.