This Arducam module uses the same 12MP IMX477 image sensor as the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera, but offers a mechanical IR cut-off filter switched automatically based on light condition. The official RPi HQ camera is not sensitive to infrared, and there won’t be a NoIR version. On the contrary, this Arducam camera module not only offers sensitivity to infrared but also keeps the natural feeling during daylight. It’s fully compatible with Jetson Nano/Xavier NX with a camera connector.
⚠️ KERNEL CAMERA DRIVER USED
This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver.
- Versions earlier than JetPack 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1) are not supported.
- Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you’ll need to re-install a matching driver.
- Future JetPack/kernel updates require future drivers. When that happens, please allow us some time to process. And if you don’t see it released in time, kindly remind us.
⚠️ NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
– Sensor: IMX477
– Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
– Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
– Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
– IR Sensitivity: Visible light
– Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
– Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
– Frame Rate: (depends on the target platform, maximum fps limit might apply) Full [email protected](normal), [email protected], [email protected] Full [email protected] (12bit normal) Full [email protected] (DOL-HDR, 2 frames)
– Format: 1/2.3 inch
– Focal Length: 6mm
– Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
– Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
– Mount: CS-Mount
– Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
– MOD: 0.2m – Dimension: Φ30×31mm
– Weight: 53g
– Board Size: 38mm×38mm
– Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- 1 pcs 12.3MP IMX477 IR-CUT camera module
- 1 pcs 6mm focal length CS-mount camera lens
- 1 pcs 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable for pi A&B series
Introduction This Arducam module uses the same 12MP IMX477 image sensor as the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera, but offers a mechanical IR cut-off filter switched automatically based on light condition. The official RPi HQ Read more…