With the great success of ArduCAM shield Rev.B, we received hundreds of comments and feedbacks from ArduCAM users. The ArduCAM team now released a more powerful ArduCAM shield Rev.C with past few months’ hard work. The new features list as follows: Continue reading “ArduCAM Shield Rev.C Now Released” »
CMOS camera modules are widely used in mobile phones and web cameras, and the price is pretty low when in volume. Therefore it becomes the best choice for embedded applications. However there is barrier in both hardware and software when using camera modules and block the hobbyists off. That why ArduCAM is born. ArduCAM is an open source project for CMOS camera modules, which hide the complexity of capturing high speed high resolution image data stream and provide the source code configuration for camera modules. User can freely control the ArduCAM shield to accomplish their different tasks. The first release of ArduCAM shield target for Arduino and its compatible platforms like Maple, Chipkit. And we plan to move to more powerful platform like Raspberry PI, Beagle board or Pandaboard. Continue reading “Introduction” »
- Provide two board options, ArduCAM-LF has both LCD and FIFO, ArduCAM-F only has FIFO
- ArduCAM-LF provide live video and real time snapshot
- Support both Arduino UNO and MEGA1280/2560 boards （but not limited to these boards)
- 3Mbit memory space and support the RAW RGB fromat resolution up to 640×600,
- Support 2MP (1600×1200) JPEG image capture and storage
- Various Arduino firmware application demonstrations for IOT (Internet of things)
- User can add their own camera modules to the ArduCAM library easily
Please download the schematic of ArduCAM Rev.B for connection and pin out.
How to Buy:
Please purchase the ArduCAM shield and camera modules from distributor UCTronics.
[embedplusvideo height=”356″ width=”584″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/gb5szs5-yMg?fs=1&hd=1″ vars=”ytid=gb5szs5-yMg&width=584&height=356&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=&notes=” id=”ep8879″ /]
ArduCAM is Arduino based open source camera platform which is well mated to Arduino boards. It now supports Arduino UNO board and we will add support Mega1280/2560 and new released Leonardo, Maple and Chipkit are also in planning.