The official Pi HQ camera is only available in one model. It doesn’t come with a lens and it is also not easy for the users to find a case. To solve these pain points, Arducam released this complete camera bundle, an IMX477 camera board with a 6mm CS lens, a customized metal enclosure, a tripod stand and a set extension adapter. This camera module supports all Raspberry Pi and PC/laptop (need MIPI adapter board and USB camera shield, not included).
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
– Sensor: IMX477 – Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm) – Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP – Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um – IR Sensitivity: Visible light – Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2 – Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount – Frame Rate: (depends on the target platform, maximum fps limit might apply) Full [email protected](normal), [email protected], [email protected] Full [email protected] (12bit normal) Full [email protected] (DOL-HDR, 2 frames)
– Format: 1/2.3 inch – Focal Length: 6mm – Aperture (F): Max. F1.2 – Field of View (FOV): 65° (H) – Mount: CS-Mount – Back Focal Length: 7.53mm – MOD: 0.2m – Dimension: Φ30×31mm – Weight: 53g
- 1 pcs complete 12.3MP IMX477 color camera mounted in a metal encolsure
- 1 pcs 1/2.3 inch 6mm focal length CS-mount lens and
- 1 pcs HDMI-CSI camera adapter board with 60mm/2.36inch 15 pin camera cable
- 1 pcs 1m high-speed HDMI cable
- 1 pcs mini tripod stand
- 1 pcs 73mm/2.9inch 15 pin to 22 pin camera cable for pi zero&w
- 2 sets M2.5 nylon standoffs, screws and nuts
How to Purchase:
You can purchase this item from Arducam distributors