Arducam-Mini-5MP-Plus(OV5642) is performance improved version compared to its predecessor Arducam-M-5MP.
It not only offers the capability to add a camera interface which doesn’t have in some low cost microcontrollers, but also provides the capability to add multiple cameras to a single microcontroller.
Capture decent 5MP JPEG images and do 5MP full resolution RAW image capture, making it to be the ideal solution for IoT and scientific image processing applications.
Even more it can record short movie clips as well.
- Arducam Mini Module Camera Shield 5MP Plus OV5642 Camera Module is a general purpose high definition 5MP SPI camera, which reduces the complexity of the camera control interface
- It integrates 5MP CMOS image sensor OV5642 and provides miniature size, as well as the easy to use hardware interface and open source code library
- The Arducam mini can be used in any platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP8266, Maple, Chipkit, Beaglebone black, as long as they have SPI and I2C interface and can be well mated with standard Arduino boards
- Support JPEG compression mode, single and multiple shoot mode, short movie recording, one-time capture multiple read operation, burst read operation, low power mode and etc.
- It can be used in IoT, Robot, Wildlife, HDR and Other battery-powered products or scientific image processing applications
- IoT cameras
- Robot cameras
- Wildlife cameras
- Other battery-powered products
- Can be used in MCU, Raspberry Pi, ARM, DSP, FPGA platforms
- 5MP image sensor OV5642
- M12 mount or CS mount lens holder with changeable lens options
- IR sensitive with proper lens combination
- I2C interface for the sensor configuration
- SPI interface for camera commands and data stream
- All IO ports are 5V/3.3V tolerant
- Support JPEG compression mode, single and multiple shoot mode, one time capture multiple read operation, burst read operation, low power mode and etc.
- Well mated with standard Arduino boards
- Provide open source code library for Arduino, STM32, Chipkit, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black
- Small form of factor
- Power supply 3.3V~5V
- Active array size: 2592×1944
- SPI speed: Max 8MHz
- Shutter: rolling shutter
- Frame buffer: 8MByte
- Pixel Size: 1.4µm x 1.4µm
- Default M12 Lens: 55°
- Resolution support:5MP, 1080p, 720p, VGA, QVGA
- Format support: RAW, YUV, RGB, JPEG
- Size: 34 x 24 mm
- Weight: 20g
- Temperature: -10°C～+55°C
- 1pcs MINI Arducam module Camera Shield w/ 5 MP OV5642 for Arduino UNO Mega2560 board
Note: The Arduino UNO is not included in this package
Key specifications active array size: 2592 x 1944 power supply: core: 1.5VDC + 5% (internal regulator) analog: 2.6 ~ 3.0V I/O: 1.7 ~ 3.0V output formats : (8-bit): YUV(422/420) / YCbCr422, RGB565/555/444, CCIR656, 8-bit compression Read more…
The Arducam team invented the world’s first high resolution SPI camera solution for Arduino in 2012. Since then, the ArduCam SPI cameras fill the gaps missing in the Arduino camera community. These SPI cameras are Read more…
1. Introduction ArduCAM Shield Mini 5MP Plus is latest version compared to its predecessor ArduCAM-M-5MP. It is a general purpose high definition 5MP SPI camera, which reduce the complexity of the camera control interface. It Read more…
How to purchase