Arducam PTZ camera is a complete solution to turn your Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Xavier NX, and it is capable of remote directional and zoom control, so it could move the camera and the lens, and that means a single camera can be used to monitor places that should be covered by multiple ones.
You can save a lot of cost and time in purchasing and deploying the camera. What’s more, this kit is based on the IR-CUT switchable 12MP Sony IMX477 camera to get sharp images all day and night.
- IoT cameras
- Robot cameras
- Sun Tracker, Motion detection
- Wildlife cameras
- Other security and surveillance projects, etc.
|Optical Format||Type 1/2.3(Diagonal 4.60mm)|
|Pixel Size||1.55 µm x 1.55 µm|
|Active Pixels||4056(H) x 3040(V)|
|Frame Rates||1080p30, 720p60 and 640 × 480p60/90|
|Frame Rate on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX||4032×[email protected], 3840×[email protected], 1920×[email protected]|
|Shutter Type||Rolling Shutter|
|Focus Type||Front group: focus Back group: Zoom|
|FOV||96° – 33° (Horizontal)|
|IR Sensitivity||Optional with additional Motorized IR-Cut filter|
|Camera Board Size||36mm x 36mm|
|Pan and Tilt Range||0-180°|
|Zoom Range (Wide => Tele)||2317 steps 0.00396mm/step|
|Focus Range(Near => Far)||3009 steps 0.0047mm/step|
- 1 x Arducam PTZ Lens, assembled with a 12MP IR-CUT switchable camera board and camera control board
- 1 x 15-Pin to 22-Pin Ribbon Cable (11.8 in/30 cm)
- 1 x 22-Pin Ribbon Cable (11.8 in/30 cm)
- 1 x XH2.54 Jumper wire with 6-Pin Female Connector (11.8 in/30 cm)
- 4 x Copper Standoffs for the Basis
- Raspberry Pi board and Jetson board is not included in the package
- This camera is released for official Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Xavier NX by default, and it does not support other third-party boards
- This camera module supports the latest Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye (released on Jan 28th, 2022) and libcamera apps, for the previous Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy) users, contact us at [email protected]
⚠️NOTE ON KERNEL CAMERA DRIVER USED
This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver.
- Versions earlier than JetPack 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1) are not supported.
- Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you’ll need to re-install a matching driver.
- Future JetPack/kernel updates require future drivers. When that happens, please allow us some time to process. And if you don’t see it released in time, kindly remind us.
⚠️ NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
Used on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX
Used on Raspberry Pi:
Used on Raspberry Pi:Used on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX: