Please note that in this illustrator, the different colors of the jumper wires are just to make it easier to distinguish them from each other. The order of those colors varies from item to item, so it may not match the one you’ve received. Therefore, instead of its color, you should rely on the position of the wire to correctly connect the jumpers.
Automatic driver installation only for L4T32.4.3 and after versions
1. Download automatic installation script
2. Enter the folder
3. Install the driver
chmod +x install_imx477.sh
press y to reboot.
If you want to roll back to original Jetson Nano camera driver, just run the following command to uninstall the Arducam driver, a reboot is also required.
sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel
Manual driver installation for L4T32.4.3 before versions
1. Identify Kernel Number
Different kernel versions require different driver packages. You need a matching driver package for your camera to work.
To identify your kernel:
- Print your Kernel Version with the following command.
Linux jetson-desktop 4.9.140-tegra #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 13:41:48 CST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
4.9.140 is our desired value.
- Print your L4T release number with the following command.
# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.3, GCID: 21589087, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Jun 26 04:38:25 UTC 2020
4.3 are our desired value.
- Combine the desired printed results to get the kernel detail.
From the example above, we get kernel
2. Download Driver Package
To download Arducam IMX477 driver package:
- Go to Arducam GitHub repository for IMX477 on Jetson with the following URL:
What if I can’t find a matching driver?
If you can’t find a driver package matching your kernel version, please contact Arducam to update that.
- Enter the folder for your target Jetson board.
There are separate driver folders for Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX, so use whichever match your target board.
- Click on the name of the matching driver package.
Refer to the kernel information from last step to decide which package is needed.
- Click on the Download button to download the file.
3. Install the IMX477 Driver
To install the IMX477 driver for Jetson:
- Go to the folder in which you’ve saved the driver package, for example:
- Install the driver with the following command, for example:
sudo dpkg -i arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_x.x.xxx-xx.x.x-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_arm64_imx477.deb
- Reboot your Jetson
Using the Arducam PTZ Camera Example
Download the demo code
git clone https://www.github.com/arducam/MIPI_Camera.git
sudo apt install python-smbus
Enter the folder
Run the demo code