24 x 24mm Coin Size Raspberry Pi Compatible Board
ArduCAM team now is developing a coin size Raspberry Pi compatible compute module. The total size of the SOM is 24mm x 24mm, compared to the official Raspberry Pi compute module and new Pi ZERO, it will be the smallest Raspberry Pi compatible module in the world. The coin size pi Compute Module is fully customizable and can offer the extra features that weren’t provided by the standard Raspberry Pi boards.
Users can run the system on a small 36mm x 36mm adapter motherboard with camera support. It is ideal for battery-powered portable devices like a smartwatch, action camera, etc. The highlight feature of this coin size pi module, it supports dual camera interface and stereo vision which can be used in robots for machine vision applications or high definition drone cameras.
Contact us for more information about customization.
Note: it is not a replacement for Raspberry Pi boards, just a supplement for Raspberry Pi ecosystem and Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
(This post made Raspberry Pi engineer and forum moderator very upset and they said that it will breach the bootloader license. But thanks to Kristina Brooks work on an open-source bootloader for Raspberry Pi, released under BSD and GPLv2+, and not including any “Raspberry Pi only” conditions, although it is a “poor” alternate at the time being, and a lot of fans build bare-metal firmware. Brian Benchoff said it could also end up being killed and will never see the light of day, just as what happened to the ODROID-W board, but they can’t kill the spirit of hacking just for funs and keep us away from building something new. Once again I have to emphasize that it is not a replacement of Raspberry Pi boards, please order pi boards from Pi foundation. Our SOM maybe double or even triple price than standard pi boards, so this SOM is only available for someone who really needs it and NDA required.)
- Broadcom BCM2835 SoC Processor
- 256MB/512MB LPDDR2 Memory
- Camera CSI Interface x2, Supports both 5MP and 8MP Pi Camera
- USB x1
- AV output
- SPI x 2
- UART x 1
- I2C x 2
- GPIOs x25 including peripherals
- Size: 24mm x 24mm
- Weight: 2g
ArduCAM has also designed two small adapter board “UC-343 and UC-366” for the module with the following specifications:
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 Processor @ 700 MHz with Videocore IV GPU
- System Memory – 256MB/512MB LPDDR2
- Storage – Micro SD card slot
- USB – 2x micro USB ports including one for power only
- Camera – 2 x MIPI CSI connector supporting 5MP or 8MP Pi cameras (dual camera support) on UC-366, only one MIPI CSI on UC-343
- Expansion –
- AV output header
- UC-343 has 16-pin and 8-pin headers (unpopulated) with GPIOs, 1x I2C, UART, 2x SPI
- UC-366 has 24-pin header (unpopulated) with GPIOs, UART, 2x SPI
- Misc – Power LED
- Power – 5V via micro USB port, or battery header
- Dimensions – 36x36mm (Module only: 24mm x 24mm)
- Weight – 10 grams