New Low Cost OV5647 Mini Camera Module for Raspberry Pi Now Available
In order to meet the increasing need of Raspberry Pi compatible camera modules. The ArduCAM team now released ultra low cost add-on mini camera module for Raspberry Pi series boards which is fully compatible with official one.
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 24mm, which makes it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835/BCM2836 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- High-Definition video camera for Raspberry Pi Model A/B/B+ and Raspberry Pi 2
- 5MPixel sensor with Omnivision OV5647 sensor in a fixed-focus lens
- Integral IR filter
- Angle of View: 54 x 41 degrees
- Field of View: 2.0 x 1.33 m at 2 m
- Full-frame SLR lens equivalent: 35 mm
- Fixed Focus: 1 m to infinity
- Still picture resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Max video resolution: 1080p
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Size: 25 x 24 mm
- 15 cm flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation