1MP*4 Quadrascopic OV9281 Global Shutter Monochrome Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi, NVIDIA® Jetson Nano/Xavier NX/AGX Orin/Orin Nano/Orin NX
Visit the Arducam Store
- Wide Compatibility: Compatible with Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX
- More Reliable: MIPI CSI connector, which outperforms better integrity, higher throughput keeps reliability even in the vibration environment
- Complete Synchronization: The frames of dual cameras is synchronized in hardware level
- Mono Global Shutter: Excellent detail and sensitivity allow it to get real-time, higher accuracy and frame rates
This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 1MP OV9281 global shutter cameras, and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam – The Arducam Camarray HAT. As the upgraded version of Arducam Synched Stereo Camarray HAT, the Camarray further pushes the multi-camera limits and doubles the interfacing capabilities to allow 4 synchronized MIPI camera modules to be interfaced to a single MIPI CSI-2 slot on prevailing single-board computers like Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, and Jetson Xavier NX. Also, as the Camarray HAT releases, Arducam starts to support a variable baseline for stereo camera applications with some modified Arducam camera modules, such as those OV9281 ones included in this bundle. Since no shared camera board or clock-sharing soldering is required for the image sensors, you can kick off your prototyping for stereo camera applications and then decide the optimal baseline. This camera can only get four images. Arducam also accepts subsequent customizations for your stereo camera applications.
- Head, and eye tracking
- Gesture detection
- Motion detection
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications, etc.
|Support Platform||Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano|
|Output/CSI-2 Speed||x1 CSI-2 2-lane Output Port/1.0 Gbps/Lane|
|ISP Support||Supported on Raspberry Pi, Not supported on Nvidia Jetson|
|Aggregate mode||Full Spelling|
|Frame Rate（On Raspberry Pi）||RAW8: 5120×800@45fps, 5120×720@50fps, 2560×400@150fps; RAW10: 5120×800@35fps, 5120×720@40fps, 2560×400@110fps|
|Frame Rates(On NVIDIA Jetson)*||RAW8: 5120×800@45fps, 5120×720@50fps, 2560×400@150fps; RAW10: 5120×800@35fps, 5120×720@40fps, 2560×400@110fps|
|Image Sensor||Monochrome Global Shutter OV9281|
|Pixel Size||3 μm x 3 μm|
|Active Array Size||1280 x 800|
|Optical Size||1/4 inch|
|Focusing Range||30mm ~ infinite|
|IR Sensitive||No IR filter, sensitive to IR|
|Camera Board Size||40mm x 40mm|
|Camarray Hat Size||65 x 56 mm|
|Effective Focal Length||2.8mm|
|FOV on 1/4” RPi Camera||75° (H)|
|Lens Size||14mm x 15.6mm|
|Default Lens||Low distortion M12 lens (Part Number: M27280M07S)|
*：JetPack4.6/L4T32.6.1 on NVIDIA Jetson Nano/Xavier NX
- 4 x 1MP OV9281 global shutter camera module with low distortion M12 lens
- 1 x Arducam Camarray quadrascopic stereo camarray HAT
- 4 x 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 x 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 1 x 73mm/2.87inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 4 x M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4 x M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 4 x M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
- Raspberry Pi board and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX are not included in the package.
- This bundle kit is not recommended for Raspberry Pi Zero.(Due to the limitation of the memory)
- The OV9281 cameras in this kit is a special version and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson individually.
- The driver of the kit is mainly developed based on the Raspberry Pi/Nvidia Jetson official board, and there is no guarantee that the third-party board can be used (due to the different allocation of hardware resources, it is not compatible with the driver)
- This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver. Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you may need to re-install a matching driver.
- The I2C signal and clock of each camera are fully synchronized . It is unavailable to capture the same frame of images at different exposure times for each camera.
- This camera is released for the official NVIDIA® Jetson™ Developer Kit, and it does not guarantee to support other third-party boards.
- The lens on this camera is not interchangeable, if you need to replace the lens, please contact sales in advance!
- The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
- Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
- The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
Customization is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
- You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
- You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.
- You only want three images or one image.
Used on Pi：
Introduction This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 1MP OV9281 global shutter cameras, and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam – The Arducam Camarray HAT. At present, this product supports ISP image processing, and the OBISP driver can be used without an external ISP. As the upgraded version of Arducam Synched Stereo Camera […]
Used on Jetson Nano：
Introduction This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 1MP OV9281 global shutter cameras, and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam – The Arducam Camarray HAT. As the upgraded version of Arducam Synched Stereo Camera HAT, the Camarray further pushes the multi-camera limits and doubles the interfacing capabilities to allow 4 synchronized MIPI camera […]
Introducing Camarray: Arducam’s New Solution to Multiple Cameras on Embedded Systems and Edge Devices
Preface As one of the leading companies that pioneers in multiple cameras for popular embedded systems, Arducam now releases the new multi-camera solutions – named Camarray – which allows you to connect and sync up to 4 MIPI camera modules on the Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, and Jetson Xavier NX or even more platforms. Read […]
Arducam Camarray Solution Showcase:[Tutorial] 4 Sync OV9281 Cameras on 1 Raspberry Pi
How to purchase
You can purchase this item from Arducam distributors