Arducam IMX298 MIPI 16MP Color Camera Module for Raspberry Pi 4/3B+/3
Visit the Arducam Store
- Note: Currently Discontinued, check the upgraded version SKU: B0323
- Check Jetson Nano version SKU: B0214
- Support all Raspberry Pi Models: Same interface, all-model support. Directly plugged into Raspberry Pi’s native high-speed MIPI CSI-2 port. Support Raspberry Pi 4, Pi 3/3B+/3A+, CM3/3+, Pi Zero and more. NOTE: Raspberry Pi motherboard is not included in the package.
- Higher Resolution than V2 cameras: 1/2.8” 16MP Sony IMX298 Pi camera module to break Raspberry Pi camera’s 8MP ceiling with double resolution and larger sensor
- Frame Rates: Capture video at 4672×3496/7fps, 1080p/55fps and 720p/120fps resolutions.
- Applications: Better for Raspberry Pi camera applications where higher resolutions are needed for capturing clearer images, such as advanced driver assistance (ADAS) and multimedia applications of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
- Disclaimer: Arducam MIPI cameras are for advanced users with a certain degree of development background. The RPI camera driver is not V4L2 compliance, and it can’t work with native Raspberry Pi camera drivers, commands, and software. You have to use Arducam SDK and examples.
The Arducam 16MP MIPI camera module is mainly designed for Raspberry pi boards and it can be connected directly to RPi’s CSI-2 camera interface without additional hardware. This camera module incorporates SONY 1/2.8−inch CMOS which adopts Exmor-R technology to achieve high-speed image capturing with high sensitivity and low noise performance. “RGBW coding” color filter is employed, and RGB primary color mosaic is reproduced on the chip.
High sensitivity, low dark current, and smear-free features are achieved. It equips an electronic shutter with variable integration time.
This MIPI camera module can be used on other ARM, FPGA, DSP, or Nvidia TX1/TX2 hardware platform as well.
- Cellular phones
- Other battery-powered products
- ARM/FPGA/DSP based platforms
- Optical format: 1/2.8−inch
- Active pixels: 4656 H × 3496 V
- Pixel size: 1.12um x 1.12um
- Color filter array: RGBW Bayer pattern
- ADC resolution: 10−bit, on−chip
- Output Interface: 2-Lane / 4-Lane MIPI
- Frame Rate: 16MP full resolution at 30fps
- Support all series Raspberry pi boards
- FOV 60 degrees
- 1 pcs Arducam IMX298 MIPI 16MP Color Camera Module for Raspberry Pi
- Please note that it is the RAW sensor that doesn’t include ISP (Image Signal Processing) on the image sensor chip, so it only supports manual exposure, manual white balance, manual gain settings.
Introduction Arducam IMX298 camera breakout incorporates SONY 1/2.8−inch CMOS which adopts Exmor-R technology to achieve high-speed image capturing with high sensitivity and low noise performance. “RGBW coding” color filter is employed, and RGB primary color mosaic is reproduced on the chip. High sensitivity, low dark current, and smear-free features are achieved. It equips an electronic […]
How to purchase
You can purchase this item from Arducam distributors