The OAK-D S2 is the series 2 of the OAK-D. The main difference is that OAK-D S2 has a smaller enclosure and is therefore lighter. OAK-D S2 also doesn’t have a barrel jack for supplying power, so it only has a USB-C connector for both power and communication.
Available in two variants:
Both the Fixed-Focus and Auto-Focus variants have fixed-focus grayscale stereo cameras. The Auto-Focus vs. Fixed-Focus variants of OAK-D-Lite differ only in the 12.3 MP color camera. Fixed-Focus has the lens fixed in place mechanically and cannot move, whereas Auto-Focus has an electromagnet that controls the lens position dynamically.
- Auto-Focus can focus on objects dynamically, which is mainly useful for objects within 50cm of the device. Auto-focus cameras can also be manually set to a specific focus position utilizing our API.
- Fixed-Focus is recommended for heavy-vibration applications (e.g., drones, lawnmowers, bikes w/out suspension, etc. (see video)
Both Auto-Focus and Fixed-Focus can clearly see objects beyond 50 cm, working between 50 cm and infinity. Auto-Focus has the advantage that it can focus on objects as close as 10cm (see video).
Need a Wide FOV option? Check it out here: OAK-D W
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- Run any AI model, even custom architectured/built ones
- Encoding: H.264, H.265, MJPEG – 4K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS
- Computer vision: warp/dewarp, resize, crop, edge detection, feature tracking
- Stereo depth perception at 120 FPS with filtering
- Object tracking: 2D and 3D tracking
- Dimension: 97×29.5×22.9 mm
- Weight: 91g
|Color camera||Stereo pair|
|DFOV / HFOV / VFOV||81° / 69° / 55°||81° / 72° / 49°|
|Resolution||12MP (4032×3040)||1MP (1280×800)|
|Focus||Auto-Focus: 8cm – ∞||Fixed-Focus: 19.6cm – ∞|
|Max Framerate||60 FPS||120 FPS|
|Lens size||1/2.3 inch||1/4 inch|
- OAK-D S2 camera
- USB A-C cable