This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 8MP IMX219 cameras, and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam – The Arducam Camarray HAT.
As the upgraded version of Arducam Synched Stereo Camarray HAT, this Camarray further pushes the multi-camera limits and doubles the interfacing capabilities to allow 4 synchronized MIPI camera modules to be interfaced to a single MIPI CSI-2 slot on prevailing single-board computers like Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, and Jetson Xavier NX.
- Variable Baseline Extension: Compared to the fixed stereo camera module version, this camera bundle has higher flexibility.
- Four in One: Combine four cameras into one frame, each with a resolution of 1/4; the maximum output you can get: 3280 x 2464 for still images and 1920×1080 for video. Please note the frame rate for video and still images will drop to half the frame rate you would normally get with a single camera.
- Wide compatibility: Compatible with the latest Raspberry Pi camera software (libcamera) and uses the official Pi camera tuning algorithm.
- It also supports multi-platform multi-camera solutions such as Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Xavier NX, and many more.
- Multiple camera processing technologies have enabled VR (Virtual Reality), AR(Augmented Reality), and other applications like SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping).
- Applications: Synchronized video streams with Raspberry Pi could be used for many use-cases (e.g., stitching, 3D sensing, tracking, …) instead of investing in an expensive video multiplexer hardware.
|Support Platform||Raspberry Pi/Nvidia Jetson|
|Output/CSI-2 Speed||x1 CSI-2 2-lane Output Port/1.0 Gbps/Lane|
|ISP Support||Supported on Raspberry Pi|
|External Trigger||Not Support|
|Aggregate mode||1/4 Spelling Combine|
|Frame Rate||[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]|
|Image Sensor||Sony IMX219|
|Pixel Size||1.12 μm x 1.12 μm|
|Active Array Size||3280 x 2464|
|Camera Interface||2-lane MIPI CSI-2|
|IR Sensitive||Integral IR Cut filter, Visible Light Only|
|Camera Board Size||24mm x 25mm|
|Camarray Hat Size||65mm x 56 mm|
|Default Lens Mount||Stock Lens|
|Effective Focal Length||3.04mm|
|FOV on 1/4” RPi Camera||62.2° (H), 48.8(V)|
- 4 × IMX219 Camera Module
- 1 × Arducam Camarray HAT
- 4 × 15cm 15-22pin Camera FPC Cable
- 1 × 30cm 15-22pin Camera FPC Cable
- 1 × 7cm 15-22pin Camera FPC Cable
- 1 × Screw Pack
- The four-channel camera adopts the 2×2 synthesis method. The images of cameras 0 and 1 are completely synchronized, the images of cameras 2 and 3 are completely synchronized, and the images of cameras 2/3 are one frame behind the images of cameras 0/1.
- The resolution of the synthesized image remains unchanged, but the frame rate is halved.
- If any camera fails, the composite image can still be output, with the corresponding area of the failed camera being black.
- Official Commands and ISP are supported.
- The four-channel camera is a customized model, requiring HAT to provide a clock. It cannot be removed and is directly connected to the Raspberry Pi.
- The driver of the kit is mainly developed based on the Raspberry Pi/ Nvidia Jeston official board, and there is no guarantee that the third-party board can be used (Due to the different allocation of hardware resources, it may not be compatible)
- This camera kit supports the latest Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye (Jan 28th, 2022 and later) and libcamera apps, for the previous Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy) users, contact [email protected] for support.
Introduction This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 8MP IMX219 cameras and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam – the Arducam Camarray HAT. As the upgraded version of the Arducam Synched Stereo Camera Read more…