Arducam HM01B0 QVGA CMOS Monochrome Camera Module for RP2040 & Arduino
Visit the Arducam Store
Check out our all-in-one TinyML dev board B0330 here.
The Arducam HM01NB0 is an ultralow power CMOS Image Sensor that enables the integration of an “Always On” camera for computer vision applications such as gestures, intelligent ambient light and proximity sensing, tracking and object identification. The unique architecture of the sensor allows the sensor to consume very low power of <2mW at QVGA 30FPS.
We’ve also turned this sensor into an SPI camera for RP2040 & Arduino boards.
- Ultralow Power Image Sensor (ULPIS) designed for Always On vision devices and applications
- High sensitivity 3.6µ BrightSenseTM pixel technology
- 320 x 320 active pixel resolution with support for QVGA window, vertical flip and horizontal mirror readout
- Programmable black level calibration target, frame size, frame rate, exposure, analog gain (up to 8x) and digital gain (up to 4x)
- Automatic exposure and gain control loop with support for 50 / 60Hz flicker avoidance
- Flexible 1bit, 4bit, and 8bit video data interface with video frame and line sync
- Motion Detection circuit with programmable ROI and detection threshold with digital output to serve as an interrupt
- On-chip self oscillator
- I2C 2-wire serial interface for register access
- High CRA for low profile module design
- Active Pixel Array: 320 x 320
- Pixel Size: 3.6 µm x 3.6 µm
- Full Image Area: 1152 µm x 1152 µm
- Diagonal (Optical Format): 1.63 mm (1/11″)
- Color Filter Array: Monochrome and Bayer
- Scan Mode: Progressive
- Shutter Type: Electronic Rolling Shutter
- Frame Rate: 51 fps @ 320 x 320, 60 fps @ 320 x 240 (QVGA)
- CRA (maximum): 30º
- Supply Voltage: Analog 2.8 V, Digital 1.5V (Internal LDO: 1.5V – 2.8V), I/O 1.5 – 2.8V
- Input Reference Clock: 3 – 50 MHz
- Serial Interface (I2C): 2-wire, 400 KHz max.
- Video Data Interface: 1b, 4b, with frame/line SYNC, 8b is not supported.
- Output Clock Rate MAX: 50 MHz for 1bit, 12.5 MHz for 4bit
- Est. Power Consumption (include IO with 5pF load): QVGA 60FPS (Typical) <4 mW, QVGA 30FPS (Typical) <2 mW, QQVGA 30FPS (Typical) 670 µW
Image Sensor Schematics
- 1 x Arducam HM01B0 Module