Will the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension Module work with the pi 12mp HD camera?

Hi All,

I would like to know if the Arducam CSI to HDMI Cable Extension Module will work with the new Raspberry Pi 12 mp HD Camera?

I realize that the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension Module pwb cannot physically mount to the new pi camera 12 mp HD pwb, but I need to know if the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension Module is electrically compatible with the new pi 12 mp HD camera as far as bandwidth goes.

Regards,

TCIII

@TCIII The CSI to HDMI cable extension module does work with the 12MP High Quality camera, we’ve tested that.

Hi Tiao233,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

I have placed an order for one on your Amazon Store.

Regards,

TCIII

Hi Tiao233,

I got the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension Module working with my Pi 12 mp HQ Camera and the video quality is excellent.

I made a mounting plate out of 1/8 inch thick polystyrene to the same size as the Pi 12 mp HQ Camera pwb (38 mm x 38 mm) and mounted it to the back of the Camera pwb with 6 mm standoffs and 2.5 mm x 10 mm hex cap screws.

Before I attached the mounting plate to the Camera pwb I drilled a hole pattern that matched the camera Extension Module hole pattern and mounted the camera Extension Module to the mounting plate. Unfortunately the included CSI cable was too short to connect to the Camera CSI port so I substituted a 6 inch CSI cable which is a bit long, but works. I may purchase a 4 inch CSI cable in the future to take up some of the slack.

In the future you might want to include an optional mounting plate that matches the Pi 12 mp HQ Camera O&M and include 6 mm standoffs and hardware for the mounting plate. The Extension Module can then mounted to an appropriate hole pattern on the mounting plate.

Regards,

TCIII

Thanks, @TCIII for such an informative feedback.

We do have a plan to build HDMI extension solutions to the HQ camera, and actually to a further step - we will build a housed IMX477 camera, integrate the HDMI adapter, and leave HDMI connector on the cutout in the back of the metal housing. It will look like a “HDMI camera”, but the other half of the adapter will still be used on the Raspberry Pi end. In this way, the whole setup will be more robust.

@Tiao233,

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Regards,

TCIII

Let us know if you need more help.

@Tiao233,

Thanks for the followup, much appreciated.

So far the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension is working fine and allows the free movement of the pan-tilt gimbal that the Pi 12 mp HQ Camera is mounted on.

I highly recommend the CSI to HDMI Cable Extension to anyone who has a Pi 12 mp HQ Camera mounted on a gimbal assembly and wants to minimize cable drag on the gimbal servos.

Regards,

TCIII

I would like to see a mounting plate template or 3D printer file for the CSI to HDMI adapter fot the 477

Printer file for a case would also be a big plus and very appreciated from this customer.

Let us know if you need more help.