Ubuntu 20.04 does not include opencv 3.2 that is needed by libArduCamLib.so.2.0.

Ubuntu 20.04 contains binaries for opencv 4.2. Is there a way to get a version of libArduCamLib .so that is linked against opencv 4.2?

Hello,

We have not compiled the libarducam_camera.so file on ubuntu system. I will try to compiled it on it when I am free.

Thanks! I am using libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 from ArduCAM_USB_Camera_Shield/Linux_x86/Cpp/Streaming_demo/Arducam_SDK.

OK. Wait my news.

Hello,

I am having the same issue.
I am working on a commercial project and we have acquired and high number of arducam’s (model AR0134-C).
However, we need to use Ubuntu 20.

Could you please compile the .so file in Ubuntu20 or provide the source code?

Many thanks,
Nuno

Hi all,

There is no reason for this, libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 does not link the opencv library.

Hi wong, thanks for the reply.

I actually realized I poorly formulated my question.
My problem is not with opencv and libArduCamLib.so.2.0, but with libArduCamLib.so

I followed the steps at this example but when I run make it gives me the following:

g++ ArduCam_Demo.cpp Arducam_SDK/ArduCamLib.h -o ArduCam_Demo -lArduCamLib -lusb-1.0 -lpthread -larducam_config_parser pkg-config --cflags --libs opencv4 -L. -I. -std=gnu++11 -g
/usr/bin/ld:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/…/…/…/…/lib/libArduCamLib.so: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/bin/ld:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/…/…/…/…/lib/libArduCamLib.so:0: syntax error
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:8: ArduCam_Demo] Error 1

I have checked and when I run make-install the so files get copied to /usr/lib, so I am not sure why it seems to be looking for them in other place. And I also don’t understand where the file format not recognized; treating as linker script comes from.

If I run ls -ltr ./libArduCamLib.so I obtain:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nuno nuno 22 out 19 11:06 ./libArduCamLib.so

If I run file ./libArduCamLib.so I obtain:
./libArduCamLib.so: ASCII text, with no line terminators

Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi @Nuno

libArduCamLib.so should be a soft link, I think some information may be lost when copying.
Please try the following steps:
cd Arducam_SDK/
rm libArduCamLib.so libArduCamLib.so.2
ln -s libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 libArduCamLib.so
ln -s libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 libArduCamLib.so.2
cd …
make install-sdk
make clean && make

Hi wong,

Many thanks for your reply again.

I tried what you asked but I am still having problems.
My question is, shouldn’t the compilation process create an executable of ArduCam_Demo?
Because the default “make install-sdk && make clean && make” does not create an executable.
What I have been trying is to, after running compilation, using “chmod +x ArduCam_Demo” and then run it as an executable, as per the instructions in the Github repository.

However this just results in the following:
./ArduCam_Demo: 1: gpch+014Fo���/0�x?����wPx86-64generic__SSP_STRONG__ 3__DBL_MIN_EXP__ (-1021)cpp_attributes 200809�__FLT128_MAX_10_EXP 4932
FLT_MIN 1.1__GCC_IEC_559_COMPLEX 2__UINT_LEAST8_TYPE__: not found
./ArduCam_Demo: 2: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”)

Do you have any idea of what I could be doing wrong?
Since I am using Ubuntu 20, which comes with opencv4, I also had to change the following line inside the makefile:
LIBS = -lArduCamLib -lusb-1.0 -lpthread -larducam_config_parser pkg-config --cflags --libs opencv4

Note the opencv4 instead of just opencv.

Thanks again,

Nuno

Hi @Nuno

I will test it, please be patient.

Hi @Nuno

I downloaded and installed ubuntu20.04 for testing, I did the operations I mentioned before and successfully compiled the executable file

libArduCamLib.so should be a soft link, I think some information may be lost when copying. Please try the following steps: cd Arducam_SDK/ rm libArduCamLib.so libArduCamLib.so.2 ln -s libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 libArduCamLib.so ln -s libArduCamLib.so.2.0.0 libArduCamLib.so.2 cd .. make install-sdk make clean && make

Please try again.