Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Jetson Nano (B0217J8)

Hi;

I’m trying to install the camera drivers for the Synchronized Stereo Bundle Kit for the Jetson Nano (B0217J5), using your instructions found here:

https://www.arducam.com/docs/camera-for-jetson-nano/mipi-camera-modules-for-jetson-nano/driver-installation/

When trying to install the package using the dpkp -i command, I get the following error saying that installation cannot proceed, there is a dependency problem: “nvidia-l4t-cpp-t210ref” is not installed.

I’m not sure how to rectify the problem. The nano software version I used is the latest: nv-jetson-nan-sd-card-image-r32.4.2.zip, on a Nano A02 board. I have a B01 board as well and will try it out on it, but I believe I’m going to get the same issue.

Can you please help me resolve?

Hi @IAC ,

Can you try this one?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately this didn’t help. I’ve only tried on the Nano A02 board. I will try and advise on the B01 shortly.

Also, I’ve only tried using the nv-jeston-nano-sd-card-image-r32.4.2.zip image, not the ainano_v1-1-_20GB_200203B.zip.

Can I please ask some follow up questions?

1. Is there a difference between the driver in the link you have in your reply vs. the drivers found in this location:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/Jetson/Jetvariety/driver

1. Does it matter if a camera is connected to MIPI before installing the drivers? Or should you only connect a camera (any camera) after the driver is installed?

2. What is the difference between the drivers that were recently posted? I see two new drivers posted on github, but am not sure which one to use to try and see if it works.

3. Does this camera module work on RP 4? I’m asking because I have an RP 4 so I’d like to at least test to see if the hardware works! LOL.

In any case, here are the issues and my observations based on the nano A02:

1. I’ve tested the connection on the nano using a RP V2 camera. I can see it using “ls -l /dev/video*” as well as “v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext”

2. After installing the driver in the link above using “sudo dpkg -i adrucam-nvidia*.deb” and rebooting the nano, there is no longer a device seen using “ls -l /dev/video*” or “v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext”. I’ve tried both the arducam as well as the RP V2 camera. Nothing.

3. If I uninstall the driver using “sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel” and reboot, I can see the RP V2 camera again.

Thus, I’m suspecting this is a driver issue.

Thanks for your help on this, I can’t wait to get this going!

Cheers.

Hi again.

Just as a follow up. I’ve tested the driver in the link above as well as the updated driver found in the Jetvariety github. Unfortunately none work, all produce the same result.

I’ve tested these drivers on my Nano A02 and Nano B01. Same issues.

In order to confirm that both my nano’s have functioning CSI camera connections, and the cables work, I’ve tested them with RPV2 cameras connected and can see them when doing an “ls -l /dev/video*”.

-The drivers were installed with no cameras connected.

• Post installation, the nanos (A02 or B01) do not recognize video devices connected to the board. Running “ls -l /dev/video*” says “No devices connected”. No devices recognized.

• If I uninstall the driver and reboot, I can see the devices connected to “/dev/video*” again, so I’m guessing it’s a driver issue?

Thanks!

Unfortunately this didn’t help. I’ve only tried on the Nano A02 board. I will try and advise on the B01 shortly.
What do you mean "didn’t help"? You still can't install the driver successfully?

Can you provide photos of your hardware connection?

In any case, here are the issues and my observations based on the nano A02:
  1. I’ve tested the connection on the nano using a RP V2 camera. I can see it using “ls -l /dev/video*” as well as “v4l2-ctl –list-formats-ext”

2. After installing the driver in the link above using “sudo dpkg -i adrucam-nvidia*.deb” and rebooting the nano, there is no longer a device seen using “ls -l /dev/video*” or “v4l2-ctl –list-formats-ext”. I’ve tried both the arducam as well as the RP V2 camera. Nothing.

3. If I uninstall the driver using “sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel” and reboot, I can see the RP V2 camera again.

Thus, I’m suspecting this is a driver issue.

Yes, the current driver cannot work with the official camera at the same time.

1. Is there a difference between the driver in the link you have in your reply vs. the drivers found in this location:
Different deb installation packages correspond to different system versions.
2. Does it matter if a camera is connected to MIPI before installing the drivers? Or should you only connect a camera (any camera) after the driver is installed?
It doesn't matter. The only important thing is to ensure that the camera is connected when restarting.
3. What is the difference between the drivers that were recently posted? I see two new drivers posted on github, but am not sure which one to use to try and see if it works.
Same as the first question。
4. Does this camera module work on RP 4? I’m asking because I have an RP 4 so I’d like to at least test to see if the hardware works! LOL.
Yes, it works on RP4, but you have to remove Arducam Adapter Board for Jetson Nano. See Sync Stereo Camera HAT User Manual Start from chapter 5.4.4 Full Combine Mode.

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

1. The drivers now install successfully.

2. After installing, I power off the nano to connect the camera module.

3. After power up and login, no camera(s) are detected when using “ls -l /dev/video*”. This is true for the A02 and B01 nano modules.

4. If I hook-up a RPV2 camera module and do an “ls -l /dev/video*”, no camera(s) are detected. I know that the driver only works with the camera module kit, but in theory I should be able to detect another camera and use it without this driver affecting anything.

5. If I uninstall the driver, reconnect the RPV2 camera module, I can now see the cameras again.

I’ve also tried “v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext”, exact same results as “ls -l /dev/video*”.

Many Thanks!

Hi @IAC ,

1. Can you attach a photo of your hardware connection?

2. Try to run the command “dmesg | grep arducam” and send me the result.

3. If you are using Stereo HAT, please remember to power Stereo HAT.

Will do, I’ll create a google colab page with screen shots of outputs and pictures.

In the meanwhile, can you please provide a wiring diagram for the stereo camera?

I didn’t recieve any manuals or diagrams with my stereo camera kit. All the pictures in the Arducam site don’t show any power connections (not even in the youtbue videos).

If no diagrams exits, please advise on pin-outs so I can properly wire power and signal betweent the kit and the nano.

Thanks!

Hi @IAC ,

Check this Arducam Stereo Camera HAT on the Nano

Can this camera system be adapted for use on the Jetson AGX Xavier?