ShutDown Ardu Cam to Save Power

Published by Margarito Lehmann on

Home Forums Arducam SPI Cameras ShutDown Ardu Cam to Save Power

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Margarito Lehmann
      Participant

I have an Arducam Mini Module Camera Shield 5MP Plus OV5642 Camera Module and am happy to say it works as expected.
      I have attached some code that I am playing around with.  It includes code for the DS3231 RTC module as well as some setup code for the Arducam.
      I wish to switch off as much power to the camera as possible for a low power application.  I wish to sleep the arduino and then later restart.  I am ok with reinitializing camera settings if it allows me to reduce the mah consumed even further.
      How is this done.  I saw some reference to

#define GPIO_PWDN_MASK  0x02  //0 = Sensor normal operation,      1 = Sensor standby

#define GPIO_PWREN_MASK 0x04       //0 = Sensor LDO disable,                                             1 = sensor LDO enable

But cannot get the camera to consume less power than about 45 mah or so.  I thought the camera could be set to consume 20 mah in a power down state.
      How is this done?

After the arduino is slept for a while, I will wake it and reprogram the camera.  My problem is that I cannot get the arducam to burn less power than the 45 mah or so.  What regs must I program and is there something else to switch off besides what the lines…
      myCAM.set_bit(ARDUCHIP_GPIO,GPIO_PWDN_MASK);
      //myCAM.clear_bit(ARDUCHIP_GPIO,GPIO_PWREN_MASK);
      delay(10000); //wait a second to allow the led to be turned off before going to sleep

in my code do?

All I want this script do is reduce camera power consumption as much as possible.

Arducam jyh

Hi,

I suggest you refer to this link. If you have any questions, please contact us again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.