OV2311 optical specification

Published by enyokhai on

Home Forums Camera Breakout Boards OV2311 optical specification

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Jackson 4 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author

enyokhai
    Participant

Hey

Can you please specify the optical specs regarding the Arducam 2MP Global Shutter OV2311 Monochrome module? (The Focal length, F# and ect)

Thanks

bin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for replying you so late. At present, we don’t have optical specs about ov2311 also.

enyokhai
    Participant

Thanks

I’m trying to get 10bit output out of this camera – RAW by using your USB3 and MIPI adapter. But when I choose 10bit, I get an error. Could you help me with this please?

bin
    Keymaster

enyokhai
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve tried the “OV2311_MIPI_2Lane_RAW10_8b_1600x1300_60fps” file, via the python code provided, and the pixel have 0-255 values. Is there some configuration missing?

enyokhai
    Participant

I have tried to change the

And I get an error though the parameters are OK (I have tried with BIT_WIDTH=10 too)

{‘u32CameraType’: 0, ‘u32Width’: 1600, ‘u32Height’: 1300, ‘usbType’: 0, ‘u8PixelBytes’: 2, ‘u16Vid’: 0, ‘u32Size’: 0, ‘u8PixelBits’: 16, ‘u32I2cAddr’: 192, ’emI2cMode’: 2, ’emImageFmtMode’: 0, ‘u32TransLvl’: 0}
    Serial: AU3S-2003-0001
    Capture began, rtn_val = 0
    Error capture image, rtn_val = 65316

When I run it with BIT_WIDTH=10 as stated in RAW10 file, I get 255 as the biggest number. It happens with all the modules I’ve got. Could you please advise?

Thanks

Lee Jackson
      Keymaster

@enyokhai

The error code 65312 (FF24)  data length error, which means the expected data size defined in the config file doesn’t match with the incoming data size.

You can not simple change the BIT_WIDTH alone. it should match with the sensor configuration and the MIPI adapter board settings, it is complex.

Can you show me your hardware setup photo? So that we can suggest which config is correct for RAW10 mode.

Regards
      Lee

enyokhai
    Participant

Sure,

That’s the setup. It also runs an error with the GUI provided – when I chose the “10bit” option

The setup is pretty simple, the USB3.0 Shield –> MIPI adapter–> OV2311 Sensor board–> OV2311 sensor

Thanks

Yokhai

Lee Jackson
    Keymaster

@enyokhai

This MIPI adapter board currently only supports 8bit mode.

RAW10 can be decoded, but only for transparency transfer to the SDK.

We have to update the SDK to support RAW10.

So please use RAW8 at this moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lee

enyokhai
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

This is true for all cameras I use. Is it solvable with the USB2.0 shield?

I really need the 10-bit compatibility. Is there some way you could help with that?

Lee Jackson
    Keymaster

we will try the 10bit mode here, and I guess the GUI now can’t render the correct image, but we can get RAW image file, and write additional parsing code to get the correct image.

Will let you know soon.

Lee Jackson
    Keymaster

Yokhai

We have composed a new configuration file for OV2311 RAW10 output. The data packing style is bellow, the 2-bit LSB[1:0] of each 4 pixels are after consecutive 4 pixel data. So the configuration file define the row size is 2000 which is calculated from 1600x(10/8). You have to save the RAW file and render correct image by yourself.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 2 hours ago by  Lee Jackson.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

enyokhai
    Participant

Thanks I’ll try it out and let you know.

Will this kind of configuration work for the OV9281/OV7251?

Thanks

Lee Jackson
    Keymaster

This config file is only for OV2311, for other cameras we have to compose other config files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.