Need advice on board layout.

Hello all,

Glad to have found to wonderful mini camera.

So for a product design, I use 4 of these. They are connected to a central board wich has 4x CSS control over them and resent this data via lon 10+ foot RJ-45.

The connection between the mini adapter I made and ARDUCAM 2MP or 5MP models, (they have same pin socket) is for RJ-45 only and these RJ-45 links to central board are like 10 inches. So I figured VCC+GND, CSS, SPI_MISO, SPI_CLK. So obviously this is not some with no reference. Its singled ended…

But now there is all this sensor option thing with i2c and spi_mosi, cant I program those setting via an ARDUINO, set it up on the (hopefully) non volatile memory that is installed on ARDUCAM, and then install those cameras for my application and only need 1x RJ-45 links instead of 2X RJ-45 links for the additionnal spi_mosi and I2C?

I just need a frame, every time.

Hope I was clear enough, thank you.

I may modify the board to bring in a red/black power wire and let the RJ-45 be SPI only with CSS, MOSI,MISO,CLK.

But what of the i2C? can I change “sensor settings” via the SPI?

Hi,

The I2C is used for configuring the camera registers.

In the case of mass customization, if you don’t want I2C pins, we can just keep the SPI and then convert it to I2C to configure the camera registers.

That sounds complicated, like a cure worst than the disease.

Can you explain more clearly your idea?

Ok, Maybe I’ll do that actually.

Not bad, not bad, but its another annoying logic gate now.

Would CSS be interfered by if I wrap around MOSI around CSS? (RJ-45)

Basically the MOSI will have crappy reference, but these tend to move slower.

I’ll set the GPIO as low speed.

Hi,

The RJ-45 scheme you mentioned sounds like a good idea, but lately we’ve been so busy with other things that we haven’t had time to test, we look forward to your good messages after you pass the test.

SPI to I2C simply means to send the configuration that should be written into the camera via I2C to FPGA via SPI, and thenFPGA sends the data to sensor via I2C.

SPI support speeds vary from platform to platform, so you’ll need to test the speed on your own platform.

The FPGA on board arducam does that?

Oh, had no idea it could do that.

Any document to show this?

Where is the info at?

Come on guys…

https://www.arducam.com/docs/spi-cameras-for-arduino/hardware/arducam-shield-mini-2mp-plus/

What do you mean? Please speak CLEARLY.

You come here like a speedy gonzalez and provide no links to good information.

Hello,

For the current hardware, as long as the function of the FPGA is to receive the image data of the sensor, and then store the data in the FIFO, and open the SPI interface to the user, the user can obtain the image data through the SPI interface of their own platform (such as UNO/STM32). The i2c interface of the sensor is directly connected to the main control platform, which has nothing to do with the FPGA. In other words, the user’s main control directly drives the i2c signal of the DVP interface. We know that for a DVP interface camera, we need to initialize the camera through the i2c interface, such as configuring the sensor frame rate and format. Exposure and so on.
If you want to do these tasks directly through SPI, our current hardware is not supported. We need to implement the function of SPI to i2c with the new CPLD program. This requires a certain amount of development time.

Hope my explanation will help you.

Let me know if you need more help.