Left to Right transposition of video image

I am using the OV2640 with the Arducam ESP8266 Uno board to view video using the recommende software .

When I view the video image it is transposed left to right on the screen ( Samsung A3 phone). It is not upside down.

The quality is good

Is there a command in any of the header files which will enable me to correct this transposition?

Thanks

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you. You can try to set the value of the 0x04 register, which can control the image flip.

Bin

Thank you. Just to put the problem in context, which I realised I should have done with my previous post.

There is nothing wrong with the camera…it is the way I am using it!

I have it facing backward on my bike transmiting continuos video to a dedicated phone on my handle bars. This is why the video ‘appears to be’ transposed when viewed on the screen.

Can you advise if the following addition to the server programme at line 739 would be likely to work?

myCAM.wrSensorReg8_8(0xff, 0x01);

myCAM.wrSensorReg8_8(0x04,0xA0) \setting bit 7 to 1: bx10100000

Ray

Bin

Tried the changes listed above but it didn’t horizontally mirror the video picture

Ray

Bin

it seems to have lost my previous post.

I inserted

myCAM.wrSensorReg8_8(0xff, 0x01);

myCAM.wrSensorReg8_8(0x04, 0xA0); \set bit 7 to 1: bx10100000

at line 739 of the sketch, but go t no result

Ray

Hi, You should ensure to add it after sensor init. If not, when the sensor init , it maybe rewrite the value.

Bin

Brilliant; problem solved. Should have realised I needed to put the program changes AFTER the MyCAM.init. Silly mistake.

I am grateful for your help.Thanks

Best wishes

Ray

Great to hear you have solved your problems.