init camera status = 4099 on IMX298 (16 MP) ArduCAM running on Pi 4B 8GB

Published by PlanetProphet on

Home Forums Cameras Modules for Raspberry Pi init camera status = 4099 on IMX298 (16 MP) ArduCAM running on Pi 4B 8GB

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      PlanetProphet
      Participant

Good day all,

I am trying to get an IMX298 (16MP) ArduCAM to run on a new Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB. I followed the instructions on the ArduCAM website initially and then re-ran the installation with the additional steps set out for the Pi 4B on the GitHub website. I keep getting a message as follows:

Open camera…

init camera status = 4099.

I cannot find any information on what the 4099 status means or what could be preventing the camera from initialising. I’m not sure whether it’s something I’m doing wrong or whether it’s a compatibility issue with the new 8GB Raspberry Pi. Any help would be appreciated.

bin
      Keymaster

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

It seems the system doesn’t detected the sensor. What about the status when you run

camera_i2c script? get the script here

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/blob/master/RPI/utils/camera_i2c

If normal, you will see the 0x1A address.

Please attach me your terminal information and I will try my best to help you.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Hello,

Thank you for helping. I have tried your suggestion but only receive a message “command not found”. I also  tried running it as sudo but no luck with that either. I can see camera_i2c in the utils sub-directory and have checked that i2c is enabled in the Raspberry Pi configuration settings but it doesn’t run.

Please let me know if you need any other details, as I’m not sure what you need from the terminal information.

bin
      Keymaster

Hello,

It seems it does not have operation permission. Please use ‘sudo chmod +x camera_i2c’ to git the permission.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Thank you. I tried this and still had the same issue.

I have since tested the camera on a Pi Zero W and it worked fine after I installed the software according to the instructions. I have reinstalled all the software for the Pi 4B 8GB but still have the same problem.

AdiBerenson
      Participant

Hi, I have the same issue with RPi4 8GB on Arducam OV9281. It worked fine on RPi4 4GB and but on RPi8GB I’m getting “init camera status = 4099” even after clean reinstallation and so on. Have you tested it on RPI4 8GB?

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I haven’t tested it on RPI4B 8G platform, Can you tell me the hardware platform’s version the demo print?

Maybe the driver does not add the version support. I can add it to try.

bin
      Keymaster

Sorry for my late reply due to our Dragon Boat Festival holiday.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Thank you, no problem.

I ran the cpuinfo command and got the following information that I think is what you are looking for. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hardware: BCM2835

Revision: d03114

Model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have add the platform support just now. Please download new code to retry. Don’t forget to run make install to install the new lib.

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI

Let me know if you need more help.

AdiBerenson
      Participant

Works for me!!! Thanks a lot for fast and accurate response.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Excellent, thank you. It’s working now.

bin
      Keymaster

You are welcome.

Let me know if you need more help.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Thank you, I will do. I am hoping the camera will be very useful.

bin
      Keymaster

Well,

Arducam will recommend the best camera solution based on customer’s application need.

PlanetProphet
      Participant

Thank you. I did quite a lot of research before buying this one and expect it will do the job well now that it’s working.

bin
      Keymaster

OK.

Great,
      If there is any need, please contact me in time.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.