IMX477 Noisy images - Xavier NX with Arducam driver installation

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Pi Hut
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
12MP IMX477 Mini HQ
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Nvidia Xavier NX
4.Which instruction are you following?
https://www.arducam.com/docs/camera-for-jetson-nano/native-jetson-cameras-imx219-imx477/imx477/
5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hi there!

First, of all I just received a Mini HQ IMX477 and I’m super excited about using it as it seems like a great little product!

I went ahead and installed the drivers according to the instructions provided on your website, all went well and I’m getting video output, I’m also able to take snapshots etc However the images are very noisy. I switched from the Raspberry Pi v2 as my understanding is that Nvidia are having trouble with the IMX219, but I’m seeing a pretty rough quality picture here too. Please see the image attached - It was produced using the command to grab 4k jpeg snaphsots. Is there anything I’m missing?

Hope you’re all well,

Rhys

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?

It actually looks a lot worse blown up on my monitor in comparsion haha. Not looking too shabby there but if you zoom in you can see a whole lot of noise as mentioned. Any tips would be welcome!

Hi @rhysdg

You can use the gst-inspect-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc command to view some ISP controls, I tried to limit the digital gain to 1.0, gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ispdigitalgainrange=“1 1” … This can be improved Noise in the dark.
But to be honest, both IMX219 and IMX477 have greater noise on Jetson, I think this is a limitation of the ISP on Jetson.