IMX298 and Raspberry PI 4 model B: camera status 4100

Hi Adurcam Forum,

So I have seen a couple of posts where others have also seen camera status 4100. In general, it looks like these are related to either

1. A camera platform variant that isn’t yet support, or

2. A hardware connection issue (like a camera cable that isn’t seated correctly).

In my case, however, I intermittently see this status. For example, I execute “./arducamstill -?” and on the first try, I might get “init camera status = 4100” and on an immediate second try, I get the expected responses (as shown on this page: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI).

So my question is:

1. What exactly does init camera status = 4100 mean? What causes this code?

2. My board revision is UC-572, rev C. Should this be supported in the GIT as of Oct 15, 2020? Is there any other information you would need to answer this?

Note that I am confident the cables are seated correctly and any time I execute a command, a sensor is always found at address 1A. So it doesn’t seem like the previous posts I have encountered solve my issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Hello,

Thanks for your detail description. I will try my best to help you.

Q1) What exactly does init camera status = 4100 mean? What causes this code?

A:There are two situations that cause this error code. The first is the system does not detect the sensor due to the bad hardware connection. The other reason is due to the encryption verification failed.

Q2) My board revision is UC-572, rev C. Should this be supported in the GIT as of Oct 15, 2020? Is there any other information you would need to answer this?

A: Our code is backward compatible.

Hi Bin,

Thanks for the info.

So looking at the I2C commands on an oscilloscope, the I2C commands are very clean and come through quite consistently. I’m probing these signals at the camera. So I still don’t think this could be a hardware connection.

Is there any way to troubleshoot and correct the encryption verification?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,

I can send you a lib without the encryption verification. You can try it

Hi bin,

So, I didn’t get around to trying the library. It looks as though there is something wrong with the Raspberry Pi board. I tried the same camera on a different board and it worked fine. So maybe it was a bad connector or something?

Anyways, your help has been much appreciated. Thanks!

~Chris

Hello,

You are welcome.

It’s my honor to try my best to help you. Maybe the CSI connector of the PI is defective.

I have encountered the similar problems before.

Hi @lvbin I have exactly the same issue, I use OV9281 on pi4 (64 bit)

./arducamstill 
Open camera...
Found sensor ov9281 at address 60
init camera status = 4100

Would you be able to send me the libarducam_mipicamera.so without the encryption verification? I use 64 bit OS. Thank you very much

@chobitsfan

arducamstill is no longer a maintained project, you can try the latest libcamera

https://docs.arducam.com/Raspberry-Pi-Camera/Pivariety-Camera/Quick-Start-Guide/#pivariety-cameras