Help needed – Strobe output

Published by reverbrick on

Home Forums Cameras Modules for Raspberry Pi 8MP IMX219 V2 Cameras Help needed – Strobe output

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      reverbrick
      Participant

Hello there.

Thanks for your camera, it is outstanding. What I cannot do is enabling strobe output in order to drive flash.

I did found some post about setting registers 0x3b08, but it does not work, also IMX219 datasheet suggests other values, but I failed all of my attempts.

I hooked oscilloscope to strobe and ground hoping to see something, but no luck.

Please advise.

Daniel

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your positive comment for arducam camera.

Tomorrow I will try to enable strobe output. But I am not sure I will success.

Sometimes, the sensor’s registers do not open for us.

reverbrick
      Participant

Thanks a lot! I hope you’ll have some good news for me.

Regards

Daniel

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have discussed with the team engineer, and we did try to debug the signal before, but nothing happened.  I am very sorry to tell you it.

reverbrick
      Participant

That’s really bad. So it means strobe pad is there for no reason? Do you think I can use GPIO used for IRCUT to somehow do the flashing? I can make camera led on and off so maybe it is worth trying…

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t  get the sensor’s official support. It is very difficult.

Generating stroboscopic signals via an external controller is another option. We don’t have a specific plan right now.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.