Getting wo IMX219 Mini UVC USB2.0 cameras

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Amazon
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
IMX219 Mini UVC USB2.0
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Raspberry Pi3B+
4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?
They work individually but not together
6.What problems are you experiencing?
I am trying to get two IMX219 Mini UVC USB2.0 cameras to work together on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ through OpenCV. I’ve done this before with two Logitech cams many times but I am having problems getting this to work.

If I plug in two IMX219 cameras and then create two capture devices by calling:

import numpy as np
import cv2 as cv

cap0 = cv.VideoCapture(0)
cap1 = cv.VideoCapture(1)

It fails with the “can’t open camera by index” error on the cv.VideoCapture(1) line. I can comment that line out and it works fine… and I can comment out the first call to VideoCapture and the other one will still fail. It cannot see the device at index 1.

Oddly enough, this works perfectly fine if I have one camera that is an original Pi Cam and the other is the IMX219 connected to the USB. I can capture frames from both cameras perfectly fine.

It only fails if I have two usb cameras plugged in at the same time and I try to connect the camera on index 1.

Also note I’ve tested each camera individually and both work fine by themselves so it doesn’t appear to be a hardware issue.

Has anyone had an issue with plugging in two cameras before?
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
Tested both cameras individually works fine. Code works perfect if one camera is the PI Camera and the other is the IMX219. Will not work for two IMX219’s
8.How would you like us to help you?
Have you ever tried getting two IMX219 USB cams to run with OpenCv on a Rasp Pi? If not could you try it and tell me if you were successful?