Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Arducam Stereo Camera HAT [B0195]
Published by Lee Jackson on
- December 9, 2019 at 2:25 am #13860Lee JacksonKeymaster
Arducam forum moderators will post the frequently asked questions and their answers on this topic. Other topics & comments in this archive might be deleted. We recommend you to read through this topic for an existing solution before you post a new topic.
- December 11, 2019 at 12:32 am #13900
I have notice a micro USB port on the board, is it required to power the board, or is the board powered by just GPIO pins?
For the usb port and GPIO pins, you have to choose one to power the board.
Usb port Applicable object: USB2.0 E version
GPIO pins Applicable: Raspberry Pi
- December 11, 2019 at 12:33 am #13901
Can I use one of the binocular cameras and turn off the other when needed?How to supply power? Is it a microusb port?
Yes, you can use one of the binocular cameras and turn off the other when needed.Power supply is 2*20 Raspberry Pi port. It is powered by the USB Port on the Pi.
- March 26, 2020 at 6:56 pm #21589
What is the temperature used to safely desolder and solder using heatgun and soldering iron for raspberry V2 camera boards.
350 -400 Celsius.
- March 26, 2020 at 6:59 pm #21590
May I know the dimensions of the stereo camera board with 2 cameras?
- March 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm #21591
Can this stereo camera hat work with two your 8MP spy cameras?
No, Arducam spy camera cannot work with the synchronized camera HAT as it is hard for us to synchronize the clock of two single spy cameras.
- March 26, 2020 at 7:01 pm #21592
I am trying to use the AuduCam Stereo Camera HAT with OpenCV but it keeps giving me this error “Load libarducam_mipicamera fail.”
I think that I am missing this link. I fallowed the instructions here
But with one difference I am using OpenCV 4.1.0 does that make a difference? How do I fix this issue？
Please install Arducam library for MIPI cameras from Github:
- September 24, 2020 at 4:16 pm #28329dcorr039Participant
I have two questions:
1. Can I change the camera module on the stereo board? For example the IMX219 autofocus camera or the IMX219 Low distortion camera drop-in replacements. If so can the the autofocus cameras be synchronized?
2. Is it possible to use the multi camera adapter board along with the stereo camera HAT? For example Camera A may be connected to a separate camera and Camera B will be connected to stereo HAT and give access to synchronized stereo cameras?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.