Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Arducam Stereo Camera HAT [B0195]

Published by Lee Jackson on

Home Forums Cameras Modules for Raspberry Pi Multi-Camera and Sync Stereo Camera HAT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Arducam Stereo Camera HAT [B0195]

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Jackson
      Keymaster

Arducam forum moderators will post the frequently asked questions and their answers on this topic. Other topics & comments in this archive might be deleted. We recommend you to read through this topic for an existing solution before you post a new topic.

Q:

I have notice a micro USB port on the board, is it required to power the board, or is the board powered by just GPIO pins?

A:

For the usb port and GPIO pins, you have to choose one to power the board.
      Usb port Applicable object: USB2.0 E version
      GPIO pins Applicable: Raspberry Pi

Q:

Can I use one of the binocular cameras and turn off the other when needed?How to supply power? Is it a microusb port?

A:

Yes, you can use one of the binocular cameras and turn off the other when needed.Power supply is 2*20 Raspberry Pi port. It is powered by the USB Port on the Pi.

Q:

What is the temperature used to safely desolder and solder using heatgun and soldering iron for raspberry V2 camera boards.

A:

350 -400 Celsius.

Q:

May I know the dimensions of the stereo camera board with 2 cameras?

A:

Q:

Can this stereo camera hat work with two your 8MP spy cameras?

A:

No, Arducam spy camera cannot work with the synchronized camera HAT as it is hard for us to synchronize the clock of two single spy cameras.

Q:

I am trying to use the AuduCam Stereo Camera HAT with OpenCV but it keeps giving me this error “Load libarducam_mipicamera fail.”

I think that I am missing this link. I fallowed the instructions here

Depth Mapping on Arducam Stereo Camera HAT with OpenCV

But with one difference I am using OpenCV 4.1.0 does that make a difference? How do I fix this issue?

A:

Please install Arducam library for MIPI cameras from Github:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.