Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Arducam MIPI Cameras

Arducam forum moderators will post the frequently asked questions and their answers on this topic. Other topics & comments in this archive might be deleted. We recommend you to read through this topic for an existing solution before you post a new topic.

Q:

Is the address on the i2c bus of the ov9281 camera module still 0xc0? Or has this address changed perhaps?

A:

The address for i2c bus of OV9281 is 0x60,and it won’t change.

Q:

Is it possible to use an external 21hz clock to trig the acquisition of a sequence of 21 frames on the Arducam OV9281 MIPI 1MP Monochrome Global Shutter Camera Module for Raspberry Pi?

A:

Yes, here is the demo for your reference:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/blob/master/RPI/ov9281_external_trigger.c

Q:

Would it be possible to receive the source code to modify the library for internal purpose? ( Antonio Doncel)

A:

We don’t offer the driver source code, we provide the sensor API. You can view specific functions in arducam_mipicamera.h

int arducam_write_sensor_reg(CAMERA_INSTANCE camera_instance, uint16_t address, uint16_t value);

int arducam_read_sensor_reg(CAMERA_INSTANCE camera_instance, uint16_t address, uint16_t *value);

Q:

We got this Camera from the Amazon but not able to get it to work, we followed all the instructions. (About the software problem)( Nikhil Gaikwad)

A:

Since it takes more time for PNG encoding, our default time is not enough to end the encoding, so it returns timeout. I have optimized and updated the MIPI_Camera library, please download the latest library test

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera.git. You could try to modify the encoding time and open capture.c.

Q:

Does 16MP ArduCam IMX298 and 18MP ArduCam CMOS AR1820HS

can be connected directly to RPI CSI connector?

Does these cameras support hardware trigger?

A:

Both of the cameras can be connected to RPI CSI connector directly .

However, they don’t support external trigger feature at the present.

You could use Arducam USB 2.0 shield Rev.E (SKU: B0175) ,which can work with the cameras for external trigger.