External Trigger Support
Published by yeongrok on
- April 28, 2020 at 3:57 am #22104yeongrokParticipant
I have some questions.
1. Is external trigger mode available for USB3-UC-425_Rev.C + UC-489 Rev.C + OV5647 ? (I tried and I got “USB_BOARD_FW_VERSION_NOT_SUPPORT_ERROR”)
2. Is external trigger mode available for USB3-UC-425_Rev.C + UC-628 Rev.B + UC-439 Rev.A (OV5647) ?
3. If both not, Is there any way to support external trigger mode with minimum change from my configuration?
Thank you in advance.
- April 28, 2020 at 6:52 pm #22128
- August 19, 2020 at 11:53 pm #26899jhnlmnParticipant
Could you, please, clarify this answer “Actually the OV5647 is rolling shutter camera, it doesn’t support external trigger mode.”
says that OV5647 can work as global shutter and it has FREX pix for trigger purposes.
But I cannot figure out where this pin is connected on arducam modules, in particular
Where can I find schematics for these modules? How camera pins are broken out?
- This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by jhnlmn.
- September 8, 2020 at 6:38 pm #27697Lee JacksonKeymaster
The OV5642 has a FREX mode which means frame exposure mode. It works like the global shutter camera that all pixel exposed at the same time, but it requires an extra LED flashlight to work with. Some of the modules don’t include this pin in their design, so you have to enable this feature through the I2C register settings. You can find more info from https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=235523&p=1448036#p1448036
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.