Compile error when example is executed in Ubuntu 20.04 LTE

Hello

Trying to execute “ArduCam_ESP32_PSRAM_FaceDetection” example, and got following error when using “Arduino 1.8.13” IDE.

Multiple libraries were found for “WiFi.h”
Used: /home/ColombianBootloader/.arduino15/packages/ArduCAM_ESP32S/hardware/esp32/1.0.0/libraries/WiFi
Not used: /home/ColombianBootloader/Downloads/arduino-1.8.13/libraries/WiFi

exec: “python”: executable file not found in $PATH

Error compiling for board ArduCAM ESP32S UNO PSRAM.

OS is “Ubuntu 20.04 LTE

Would you mind to provide advise about the issue? I have Python 3 installed…

Cheers

ColombianBootloader

Hi,

Sorry, our engineer is on leave and will help you test it as soon as he comes back. Please be patient for two days.

Support,

I am adding a bit more info about what I did to troubleshoot in Linux.

1. Use different USB cables to connect to the ArduCam. While I can see power LED on, Ubuntu OS can’t identify the board.

Execute CLI command lsbusb and dsmeg, with board plug and unplug. No board listed on the output of those commands.

Cheers

ColombianBootloader

Hi Colombian Bootloader

Trying to execute “ArduCam_ESP32_PSRAM_FaceDetection” example, and got following error when using “Arduino 1.8.13” IDE.

Multiple libraries were found for “WiFi.h”
Used: /home/ColombianBootloader/.arduino15/packages/ArduCAM_ESP32S/hardware/esp32/1.0.0/libraries/WiFi
Not used: /home/ColombianBootloader/Downloads/arduino-1.8.13/libraries/WiFi

exec: “python”: executable file not found in $PATH

Error compiling for board ArduCAM ESP32S UNO PSRAM.

OS is “Ubuntu 20.04 LTE”

Would you mind to provide advise about the issue? I have Python 3 installed…

Cheers

ColombianBootloader

I can’t find the compilation problem with ubutnu18.04 test. I simply googled the problem and found this link, you can refer to it.

3) Use different USB cables to connect to the ArduCam. While I can see power LED on, Ubuntu OS can’t identify the board.

Execute CLI command lsbusb and dsmeg, with board plug and unplug. No board listed on the output of those commands.

This may be a problem with the host’s USB interface, or it may be that the board is broken, can you first test whether the hardware is normal on other hosts with windows systems?