collecting raw images and video using c-code

Published by toppenhe on

Home Forums Cameras Modules for Raspberry Pi 5MP OV5647 V1 Cameras collecting raw images and video using c-code

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      toppenhe
      Participant

Hi, I would just like to use the video.c and capture-dualcam.c code to capture jpg images and video files.  Whenever I run that code, it captures the real time image okay but then freezes the rpi4 when closing.  I end up having to restart the rpi4 by cutting the power out and then back on.  How do I prevent the crashing????

Also, if i want to make a change the c code and then re-compile, I would run:

gcc video.c -o video ???

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Tom

bin
      Keymaster

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

About freeze the PI4 you said. Can you attach me a video demo? I will help you check it in detail.

If you want to add a new or modify a c code demo. you should add compile support in the Makefile file which is in the MIPI_Camera?RPI path.

Then you just need to run make to compile all the demos.

Let me know if you need more help.

toppenhe
      Participant

Hi Bin, I am attaching an image of what happens when it freezes.  I am also interested in runningg an infinite  loop for the video.c.  What lines of code can i add or change to do that?

toppenhe
      Participant

Hi Bin,

The RPI freezes after the second time I ran video.c.  Here is a pic of what the command window looked like.  I am also interested in running the video in an infinite while loop until I press q.  Could you let me know how I can modify the code to do that?

toppenhe
      Participant

Hi Bin,

When I run the video using:

usleep(1000 * 1000 * 10);

on line 121 of video.c, the video runs okay and saves okay.

When I change it to:

usleep(5000 * 1000 * 10);

It freezes.  Ideally I want to be able to use the video.c file to create a video however long I need based on a gtk+ gui push button.    Also, how could I modify the video.c file to run indefinitely?

Best,

Tom

toppenhe
      Participant

Hi Bin,

The RPI freezes after the second time I ran video.c.  Here is a pic of what the command window looked like.  I am also interested in running the video in an infinite while loop until I press q.  Could you let me know how I can modify the code to do that?

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have help you write a demo code about loop encoding  until you press ‘q’ to exit.

Please try it and let me know if you need more help.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.