Are Arducam 8MP IMX219/ov9281 cameras fonctional on Nvidia Jetson TX2 platform ?

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
Arducam distributors
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
UC-350 Rev.C AND UC-599 Rev.B
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Jetson TX2
4.Which instruction are you following?
online documentation, video tutorial
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
Had work on jetson Xavier NX
6.What problems are you experiencing?

Hello,

I’ve purchased a set of cameras with imx219 and ov9281 sensors to integrate on my Jetson TX2 platforme. I have tried for several months to integrate these ones by creating new DTS, working with nvidia originals imx219 and ov9281 drivers without any success or on a Jetson Xavier NX we didn’t have any trouble using Jetvariety.

I wanna know if it is possible to use/adapt the Arducam v4l2 driver on a Jetson TX2, because this platform is my main project…

I use Kernel 4.4.38 and Release L4T 28.2.1

I already had a custom build chain to compile modules in the kernel to match the magic of the driver.ko with the kernel version.

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
DTS; driver debuging …
8.How would you like us to help you?

Hi @Gaaryz

Unfortunately, Jetson TX2 is currently not supported. The Jetson TX2 camera interface does not seem to be a CSI2 interface. It requires some adapter boards.
You can try to contact [email protected] for customization request, if you want customization.

By the way, your system version seems to be far from the latest version.

Hello Wong, we got already an adapter board, with the wright DTS
<p style=“text-align: left;”>Our only issue comme from the side of the driver</p>

Hi Gaaryz

Nvidia’s imx219 driver should be no problem. Perhaps the definition of the device tree is not filled in correctly? I am not sure, because I have not developed the camera driver on Jetson TX2, but I think the imx219 driver in the kernel should be able to be used normally .

For more information, please refer to:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/camera_dev.html#