ArducamSDK.pyd

Hello, I recently purchased an Arducam USB shield and two camera modules (MT9F002 and MT9N001.)

When trying to run the Python demo programs I get the error that ArducamSDK does not exist. Of course it does: ArducamSDK.pyd is on the same directory as the demo script. I tried all sorts of things to get Python to ‘see’ the module without any joy.

I investigated the file ArducamSDK.pyd and found that it depends on two other files that don’t exist on my computer: python27.dll and MSVCR90.dll.

I’m running Python 3, not 2, so I shouldn’t expect python27.dll to be there should I? I don’t want to try to have both Python 3 and Python 2 installed side by side. The documentation for the Python SDK says clearly that it is compatible with both versions.

What could I be doing wrong?

To be clear, I would like to run the demo programs, but it is more important that I be able to use the Python SDK in my own programs. A version of the SDK that is specific to Python 3.x would be OK with me.

I managed to get this working by adding the location of the Python37.dll to the Windows environment PATH variable.

I admit that it is not clear to me how ArducamSDK.pyd, ArducamSDK.cp36-win_amd64.pyd, and ArducamSDK.cp37-win_amd64.pyd are related and how they are best used in my own programs. Please forgive my ignorance.

@Senso
The python dynamic library between different versions is not compatible, so we have released several dynamic libraries corresponding to different versions of python. ArducamSDK.pyd, ArducamSDK.cp36-win_amd64.pyd, and ArducamSDK.cp37-win_amd64.pyd respectively correspond to python2.7, python3.6 and python3.7. They are all 64-bit. If you have other requirements, we can provide the version you need.

Thank you for your help!

I am developing software on two different computers. At home I have Python 3.6 and was able to use the SDK. At work the computer has Python 3.8 installed and the SDK does not work. I will uninstall version 3.8 and install version 3.6 or 3.7 as a work-around.

Hopefully you will eventually find a solution that does not depend on PythonXX.dll. The preferred solution would be a module that can be installed with pip.

Sorry for missing your post. Thanks for your great advice.

Hi, I am having a similar issue with the Python versions not matching for the ArducamSDK.so file. Is there a way to get a version of this for python 3.9? I am running python 3.9 on a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W. Thanks!

Try this:
ArducamSDK-1.0.0-cp39-cp39-manylinux_2_24_armv7l.whl (459.8 KB)

Dear Wong,
I am having the same problem as reported in this old post. I am working with Python 3.11 on Windows. Would it be possible to get a version of the ArducamSDK compatible with Python 3.11.
Thank you!