Arducam B0201 – IMX291 auto exposure in low light

Published by shailen on

Home Forums USB Video Class (UVC) Camera Modules Arducam B0201 – IMX291 auto exposure in low light

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      shailen
      Participant

Hi,

I have just bought this camera. It seems like the auto exposure range is limited to maintain high fps out. In low light, I have to manually increase the exposure. Some other manufacturers expose a “low light compensation” setting in UVC controls so auto exposure can increase up to 1-2fps. Can this feature be enabled on this camera?

Thanks.

bin
      Keymaster

Hello,

It should be supported. I have consulted the original factory about how to open it, waiting for my news.

shailen
      Participant

Excellent thank you. I can flash, compile code etc. whatever is necessary to get this feature. Thanks.

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have ensured from the original factory and the firmware has opened the

low light compensation function.

Can you attach me the image you get ?

shailen
      Participant

Sure, see attached. Camera was bought from Scorpion Vision UK last week. Thanks.arducam imx291 uvc controls

shailen
      Participant

Screenshots and photo of device attached. Thanks.uvc exposed controls.

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your detail pictures, I have copied it to the original factory.

Wait my news please.

shailen
      Participant

Hi,

Any news? Should I be looking to return the item?

Thanks.

bin
      Keymaster

Hello,

I have not received a reply from the original factory so far. Sorry for wasting you so long. If it really cannot meet your needs, you can return the item.

shailen
      Participant

I would like to wait. Please continue to pursue the factory for a response. Thanks.

bin
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your patient. The factory has give me a response. It need to update firmware to support low light compensation. We are waiting the new firmware.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.