Arducam 4channel V2.2 unstable on PI4 and last version | Motion Eye

Hi

I have bought a arducam 4Channel board.

Last week I connect 4 cam on It run the ./init_camera.sh test file and the ./4cam_cv3.py it’s run with no problem.

Today I try to rerun it and the ./init_camera.sh

----Test i2c1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- 36 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: 70 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ----Configure Adapter Board V2.1 Adapter Board V2.1 configure OK ----install v4l2 driver v4l2 driver install OK ----Detecting the /dev/video0 device video0 detected! ---Start testing each camera if all of them are normal, after it finished,you will see four image in the current path. Start testing the camera A
ever and ever ...

And the ./4cam_cv3.py give this :

The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters

Beautiful is better than ugly.
Explicit is better than implicit.
Simple is better than complex.
Complex is better than complicated.
Flat is better than nested.
Sparse is better than dense.
Readability counts.
Special cases aren’t special enough to break the rules.
Although practicality beats purity.
Errors should never pass silently.
Unless explicitly silenced.
In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you’re Dutch.
Now is better than never.
Although never is often better than right now.
If the implementation is hard to explain, it’s a bad idea.
If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
Namespaces are one honking great idea – let’s do more of those!
libEGL warning: DRI3: failed to query the version
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 1 (BadRequest), sequence: 411, resource id: 575, major code: 155 (Unknown), minor code: 1
VIDEOIO ERROR: V4L2: Pixel format of incoming image is unsupported by OpenCV
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./4cam_cv3.py”, line 171, in run
h, w, c = frame.shape
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘shape’
Abandon

This is not very stable how can I fixe this ?

In other way known’s you how to configure motion to be used with the 4CameraBoards ?

Thanks

Hello,

Due to the opencv update, our demo does not run normally now. Tomorrow I will optimize our demo and reply you as soon as possible.

Hi,

I have updated our test demo. Please download our new code and try it again.

Hi,

I have updated our test demo. Please download our new code and try it again.

https://github.com/ArduCAM/RaspberryPi/tree/master/Multi_Camera_Adapter/Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel

Thanks you I will test today and give you a return.

Many thanks its run.

just an information I must remove Motion and Motioneye to make run.

is it an Incompatibility between the multicamcard and motion ?

Hi,

Very sorry. I am not so sure about it. Maybe it exist resource preemption problem.

Hello! Looking at the github directory it looks like the PI4 version was taken down again?

Any idea when it will be back up? I am looking to use the switch between cameras for object identification and would love to see how you are using the videostream.

Thanks!

Hi,

This Demos are used for Pi3 and Pi4 https://github.com/ArduCAM/RaspberryPi/tree/master/Multi_Camera_Adapter/Multi_Adapter_Board_4Channel

I confirm whats @bin sayed It’s works on Pi4. It’s not a problem with the pi version but with software. And the output / Input of each software.

Hi,

@RyanB

Have you solved your issues? Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks for the response!

I have not been able to get it working yet… but I do see that the github was updated with a new python example code so I will try that and get back to you.

In parallel, I purchased two of your USB cameras as well to see if I could get that working and I can get those to both run independently, but I am unable to use VideoStream commands to bring them both together to post-process their data as one. I will keep working on that as well.

Thanks so much for your support!

Hi,

Thanks for your business. Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

Let me know if you need more help.