Accessing full 3264 x 2448 resolution on 8MP module

I am using OpenCV in Python3.X to capture a single frame from the “Arducam 8MP 1080P USB Camera V2 Module” - so I am unconcerned about the frame rate. However, seemingly I am unable to configure the part to achieve the 3264 x 2448 resolution. I am only able to set it to 1920 x 1080. Is there something I am missing? If possible, some example code illustrating how to configure the part would be appreciated.

I can handle any output format, and any readout rate.

Hello,

Which application are you using? Please tell me more detail.

Specifically I am using OpenCV (2.4.11) in Python 3.7. I wrote a small bit of code to find the camera ID with the maximum number of pixels, and what that maximum is. I will note that even if I set the resolution directly to to the correct value (3264 x 2448) it only goes to 1920 x 1080.

My code snip - the output of which is 1920 pixels.
import cv2 as cv2 # For openCV functions

def findCamera():

Windows only for now

possibleCameraIDs = [0,1,2,3]
maxSizes = []
maxFRAME_WIDTH = -1
CameraID = -1
for testID in possibleCameraIDs:
camera = cv2.VideoCapture(testID)
camera.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_FRAME_WIDTH, 10000) # set width to unrealistically high value
currentWidth = camera.get(cv2.CAP_PROP_FRAME_WIDTH) # now check what value is really used
tmp2 = camera.get(cv2.CAP_PROP_FRAME_HEIGHT)

print(tmp2)
camera.release()

Find the largest camera size

maxSizes = maxSizes + [testID]
if maxFRAME_WIDTH<=currentWidth:
maxFRAME_WIDTH = currentWidth
CameraID = testID

return CameraID, maxFRAME_WIDTH

I will test and reply you as soon as possible.

Hello,

I have tested it just now and I can set the resolution. I write a test script. You can try my script

I have tested it just now and I can set the resolution. I write a test script. You can try my script

Using your script I am unable to access any resolution beyond 1920.0 x 2448.0.

Is there a way to determine if I have been shipped the correct part? Perhaps there was an error?

The AMCap.exe app is able to capture an *.avi at the full resolution - so it may not be the sensor.

Is there a configuration setting required to be set using the AMCap.exe app, or perhaps additional firmware?

Hello,

The sensor does not support 1920x2448 resolution. I don’t understand why do you need this resolution. Would you like to describe me more detail information.