The following set is for Windows.
– If used with the Android device, a USB Camera APP and a connect adapter (OTG adapter) is needed.
– For Mac OS, please open the native software facetime and select the video camera that is different from the one you’ve already had.
Connect the one end of the USB 2.0 cable to the USB 2.0 connector provided on the back of the UVC Camera module, and connect the other end to the USB 2.0 host controller on the computer.
- Download the AMCap
Download the UVC USB Camera test application
AMCap.exe here from Arducam. Or you can also google AMcap to download the application from a site you trust.
The following tutorial features an 8MP UVC camera Arducam B0197. Other models might show differently.
- 1. Getting to know the menu bar
The Menu bar at the top of the shown image contains a few menu items and the current preview resolution and the frame rate are displayed on the bottom bar when the application is running. We will first be using the Devices and Options tab.
- 2. Select this camera
This menu will show the available video devices to host PC. The B0197 named “TTQ 8MP Camera”. This camera support capturing audio, so the menu shows the “TTQ Audio Device”.
- 3. Preview the image feed
The options menu can be used to select the preview and audio and image parameters supported by this camera.
- 4. Toggle the capture parameters
Video Capture Filter
Video Capture Pin
- 5. Capture the Image Feed
The capture menu is used to capture the still image and video by using this application. You can also select the related parameters.
If you want to get the voice from the microphone, you need to check the option
Capture Audio before capturing the video.