Automatic driver installation only for L4T32.4.3 Version and after
1. Download automatic installation script
cd ~ wget https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases/download/v0.0.3/install_full.sh
2. Install the driver
chmod +x install_full.sh ./install_full.sh -m imx477
Enter y to reboot.
If you want to roll back to the original Jetson Nano camera driver, just run the following command to uninstall the Arducam driver, a reboot is also required.
sudo dpkg -r arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel
Manual driver installation for L4T32.4.3 Version before
Please click here to open the hidden page.
1. Identify Kernel Number
Different kernel versions require different driver packages. You need a matching driver package for your camera to work.
To identify your kernel:
- Print your Kernel Version with the following command.
Linux jetson-desktop 4.9.140-tegra #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 13:41:48 CST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
4.9.140 is our desired value.
- Print your L4T release number with the following command.
# R32 (release), REVISION: 4.3, GCID: 21589087, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Jun 26 04:38:25 UTC 2020
4.3 are our desired value.
- Combine the desired printed results to get the kernel detail.
From the example above, we get kernel
2. Download Driver Package
To download Arducam IMX477 driver package:
- Go to Arducam GitHub repository for IMX477 on Jetson with the following URL:
What if I can’t find a matching driver?
If you can’t find a driver package matching your kernel version, please contact Arducam to update that.
- Enter the folder for your target Jetson board.
There are separate driver folders for Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX, so use whichever match your target board.
- Click on the name of the matching driver package.
Refer to the kernel information from last step to decide which package is needed.
- Click on the Download button to download the file.
3. Install the IMX477 Driver
To install the IMX477 driver for Jetson:
- Go to the folder in which you’ve saved the driver package, for example:
- Install the driver with the following command, for example:
sudo dpkg -i arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_x.x.xxx-xx.x.x-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_arm64_imx477.deb
- Reboot your Jetson